Author: Runar

  • Replace Windows XP with a minimal Ubuntu based thin client

    At one of my clients there is a preference to keep using equipment as long as it is good enough for the task at hand. This means a lot of older computers running Windows XP, some of them barely chugging along. Due to a lot of legacy software in the business, this is arguably not […]

  • Just got some PowerShell practise

    Have you ever tried to export all your Exchange mailboxes?

  • Finding every email address in your IMAP folder

    I recently had the pleasure of extracting every email address in a Dovecot IMAP folder on my Ubuntu server. Bash is killing me with how to escape files from this find: find . -type d -name cur I tried everything I found by googling, but I couldn’t get it. I didn’t have only whitespaces, but […]

  • How to implement a BrowserID Primary

    While working on my browserid-provider gem I had to figure out a few basic things to get this working, so I thought I’d share the essence here. UPDATE: The primary source now is found at MDN. The requirements for a BrowserID Primary Identity Provider are as follows. A Primary authorize and certify users of it’s […]

  • BrowserID for Ruby on Rails

    I just extracted my BrowserID authentication into Ruby gems devise-browserid and warden-browserid. The code is up at Github, as you should expect. I’m sorry for the lack for tests, but I thought I’d get the code out first.

  • Manually testing Rails REST API with cURL

    I was reading REST-esting with cURLĀ and found this very useful for manually testing my RailsĀ JSON APIs. I am using Cucumber for my Behavious-Driven Development but I find that I often need to see how it feels to actually use the API with other tools than the Ruby ones. I noticed that when running tests, the […]